Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Day 5 : Sit Down Class ! – Part 1 (20/2/2006)

Its Monday, the day which pupils hate. Why? PERHIMPUNAN !!! (Assembly) But now that I am a teacher, I have the privilege to sit during assembly. This school’s assembly is an eye opener to me. Other that the usual ‘talk’ by all the teachers-with-post, this school requires students to perform a drama or ‘lakonan’ on stage. This Monday, an unlucky class which was picked last week, had to perform for the whole school . It was an ultra meaningless drama, with only three characters and badly spoken English. I forced a weak smile throughout the whole torture.
Today’s timetable is another weird one. I have no class until 10.45 am… ( the assembly finished at around 8.30 am ) 2 hours and 15 minutes of free time or so what I thought. I WAS WRONG! At around 9.20am, the school’s clerk came to me and asked me to sign a paper which stated that I have to relieve a class at 9.45 am. Unwillingly, I signed the paper. When she was gone, I had a thorough scan on the piece of paper. There was a mistake. I had to relieve the class until 11.00 am. , which was an impossible task for any human, since no one teacher can look after two classes , situated 100 meters apart at any moment .
Immediately, I set to find the Assistant Principle. He was free, luckily. I told him the problem and he quickly apologized to me. He told me to go back and he will send a another paper later…. But it turned out he didn’t… which was good…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home