Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Day 8 : Sit Down Class ! – Part 2 (21/2/2006)

Today’s timetable is quite challenging because I have to teach on the first periods. Unlike yesterday, which was too easy. The first lesson I had was Civic. (not again) And to add to my misery, the class I had to teach was the worst class in Form 1 . Furthermore, I failed to prepare for today’s lesson because I was extremely busy yesterday night. But anyway, the lesson was not good at all. I ran out of ideas to teach after 30 minutes and I had another 50 minutes to go before lesson ends. So eventually I came up with an impromptu exercise and asked the students to do it. I think I have gone from a bad teacher to a worse teacher. I am totally not motivated to teach today.
Another thing worth mentioning was that I was given an EPF form. Later, I learnt that , I had to open an EPF account because the government is kind enough to give me EPF.

Day 9 : Sit Down Class ! – Part 3 (22/2/2006)

A boy was caned today in the staff room by the discipline teachers. It was weird though, because this is the second time I actually eyewitness a caning ‘ceremony’. I think I didn’t mention it before but on the first day when I arrived to this school, 2 schoolboys was caned because they smoked . The whole caning incident happened in the staff room too. I am beginning to wonder if repetitive caning students will bring any effect into the mentality and growth of those teenagers. Will they use brute force to solve their problems later on in life? Who knows?
I was out of the school’s compound during recess. I had to go to the EPF’s office to open an account. Nevertheless, the experience of getting out if the office was great =)

3 Comments:

Blogger Contented Mum said...

Not easy to be teacher hey! Try to be their friend and see if it make a difference. Kesian the students if every teacher write them off like this, they still young leh!

7:44 PM  
Blogger ~YM~ said...

Hey!! Start a new blog, will you? This time, it will be Good Morning Doc? Hehe..

7:23 PM  
Blogger Gine said...

it's short, but interesting though. really interested to know what happend the rest of the days :) don't know why i just ended myself here today, after my parasitology paper. need something nice to read on, not the cute but evil parasites..really, u never know God -indeed- has created this kind of creatures. but all i learn is bout their bad (and some are significant too ) records in medical area, haa

the way you write is humorous, the situation may b not funny but really make me smile at the screen though, ha.. old school days.. easy to understand and easy to picture the situation you were in. write more, dude!

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home